Tuesday, April 21, 2009

April 21st - San Jacinto Day in Texas

Today - Santa Ana (a great Mexican general) was defeated by Sam Houston. A monument called the San Jacinto Monument was built in that days honor that helped Texas gain independence from Mexico. So enough of the history lesson.
Today I am working on my doll class I am taking from K. Etsvold on www.joggles.com and also working on a doll for Danita (that wonderful artist featured on the cover Somerset Studio!). She and I and some members of PFATT are doing a Favorite Swap swap. I drew Danita's name and started cutting it out last nite. Today I am gonna start sewing. Will post pics as I go along.....
Off to the sewing machine!
Stay Well
Jo

1 comment:

dix said...

Love that you mention San Jacinto Day! Resident of God's Country myself! Can't wait to see what you sew!